http://wzcnetworking.net/wp-content/uploads/WZC_Logo_Integration-300x84-300x84.png 0 0 WZC http://wzcnetworking.net/wp-content/uploads/WZC_Logo_Integration-300x84-300x84.png WZC2021-02-18 10:10:002021-02-18 10:55:59Network Technician
Work Location: WZC Networking, 24371 Catherine Industrial Drive, Ste. 225, Novi MI 48375
Reports to: Engineer Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Onsite support of IT equipment at customer locations
- The Network Technician will troubleshoot software and hardware issues to determine where repairs need to be made and then plan those repairs with the Network Manager.
- The successful applicant will also be responsible for ensuring that all cable connections, from building to building, are intact and offering complete flow of data.
- Warehouse work (Inventory management)
- Assistance to wireless engineer
- Deliveries of equipment to customer
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Mid-Level experience in network infrastructure – Striving towards CCNA certification
- Must possess a basic understanding of computer network cabling.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines while maintaining a positive attitude and exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Ability to effectively plan and collaborate with others.
- Business related major (associates or higher) or prior experience in office administration or related fields preferred.
- Must pass drug, background, and credit check prior to hire.
- Must have own transportation, valid driver’s license and excellent driving record.
- Approximately 10-20% Travel required
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. without assistance.